FUEL Launches June 2020!
Our Gift To You In Covid-19, ALL Registration Fees Are Waived!
F.U.E.L is a K-12 summer program that desires to provide a dynamic, interactive, and fun online and/or on-campus opportunities that are fun for all ages, has the “you” in mind with our U-Pathways, provides enrichment solutions, and has a strong academic learning bridge program.
F (Fun for all K-12 Ages)
• Game Nights/Scavenger Hunts: From Mafia and Words With Friends to intricate digital scavenger hunts, we have organized MASSIVE virtual game nights so that your child is interacting with other kids while also staying safe during this unprecedented time.
• Bible Study/Fellowship: We don’t know if churches will be open in the coming months but our virtual bible study sure will! Join us for a time of fellowship and learning about the Word of God from the comfort of your home.
• Community Group/Team-Building: Let’s connect, grow, and belong! Join a community group where you can make new friends and build Christ-like character. Our Ambassadors of Compassion program will teach you how to be a person of strength, resilience, and compassion.
• Ambassadors of Compassion: All of our students are a part of the “Ambassadors of Compassion (AOC)” which is an innovative resiliency building, character development, and leadership program that equips youth with the critical skills necessary to navigate and succeed through life’s inevitable challenges. The full program is scientifically measured and proven to build resilience in the lives of youth. It brings together the wisdom and expertise of successful leaders, influencers, and educators from across the world.
• Chapel Day: We offer a weekly chapel that meets the needs for our K-5th, 6-8th, and 9-12th grade student body.
Looking to recover credits? Or how about getting a jump on next year? We offer over 150+ courses that are fully online so your student can accomplish their academic goals this summer. Not only are all of our courses UC approved, but our fully online classes also include virtual office hours where your student can meet with their teacher via Zoom and ask questions. So whatever your goal is, if you’re looking to take classes for credit this summer, Southlands Christian Schools Online has you covered.
Below is an example of some of the various Career Technical Electives (CTE) that we're offering:
- Visual/Commercial Art
- Game Design
- Business Management
- International Business
- Child Development
- Patient Care
- Mental & Public Health
- Food Service & Hospitality
- Information Support & Services
- Systems Programming
- Web and Social Media Programming
- Games & Simulations
- Public Safety
- Emergency Response
- Legal Practices
We offer a broad range of enrichment programs that will meet your students’ individual goals while also meeting the more specific needs they may have. Below is a list of our enrichment activities:
• ACT & SAT Prep (Online)
• AP Summer Prep (Online)
• Group Tutoring/One on One Tutoring (Online)
• STEM: Interactive/Blended Learning (Online)
• Leadership Workshop (on-ground)
• Cooking Workshop (on-ground)
• Public Speaking Workshop (on-ground)
• Personal Finance Workshop (on-ground)
• Art & Music Workshop (on-ground)
*Note: As of now we’re unaware as to whether our on-ground campus enrichment programs will be able to operate, but we have included them here as options.
L (Learning Bridge Program)
K-5th grade SCSO students are able to take the following classes for enrichment or to bridge any gaps of learning during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Language Arts K-5 A&B
- Mathematics K-5 A&B
- Science K-5 A&B
- Social Studies K-5 A&B
- Health K-5 A&B
- Physical Education K-5 A&B
- Art Levels 1-4
- Arts & Crafts K-2
- Music Recorders Level 1
- Scratch Coding
Middle School (6th-8th Grade) SCSO students are able to take any core course classes along with elective classes. They will be able to take all course classes and over +150 electives with a trained teacher.
High School (9th-12th Grade) SCSO students are able to take UC approved classes, and they will also be able to take over +150 electives with the guidance of a teacher and a counselor to assist them with college preparation.
• Credit Recovery (6th-12th Grade)
• All Core Online Courses Available
• Specified On-ground Core Courses Available
• Conversational Tutoring (K-12th Grade)
• English Intensive (On-Ground/K-5th)